Power Questions: Build Relationships, Win New Business, and Influence Others
Author – Andrew Sobel
Date Started – 1 October 2021
Data Finished – 20 October 2021
The Book in 3 Sentences
- The book is based on the idea that powerful questions can be used to build relationships, win new business, and influence others. The authors argue that asking the right questions is a key skill for success in business and in life.
- The book focuses on a different aspect of powerful questioning. how they can be used to build relationships. win new business, and or influence others.
- The book has examples and case studies throughout to illustrate the concepts it also includes a section on how to ask powerful questions in different situations, such as during negotiations, presentations, and interviews.
How the Book Changed Me / My learning
- Powerful questions are not only about getting information but also about creating an open and meaningful conversation that can lead to deeper understanding and connection.
- Avoid closed-ended questions and instead use open-ended, reflective, and hypothetical questions to encourage deeper conversations.
- When asking questions, it’s important to be genuinely interested and attentive to the answers.
My Top 3 Quotes
I liked quite a few of the quotes in the book so here are my top 10
- “Questions are the answer.”
- “Questions are the most powerful tool you have for creating deeper connections and building trust.”
- “The quality of your questions will determine the quality of the answers you get.”
- “Asking powerful questions is the key to unlocking the full potential of any relationship.”
- “The ability to ask powerful questions is the key to unlocking new business opportunities.”
- “Questions are the currency of conversation.”
- “The right question at the right time can change the course of a conversation, a meeting, or even a life.”
- “Asking a question is the simplest and most direct way to take control of a conversation.”
- “Questions are the foundation of all great communication.”
- “The power of a question is in its ability to open up new possibilities and create new opportunities.”
Who should read it
Power Questions is a useful guide for anyone looking to improve their questioning skills and build stronger relationships, win new business, and influence others. It provides practical advice and tools that can be applied in a variety of settings, making it a valuable resource for business professionals, entrepreneurs, and anyone looking to improve their communication skills.